Online Doctor of Education in Adult and Lifelong Learning
Face-to-face campus sessions per year
≈ to Complete
- $420.19 Tuition
- $2.84 Library fee
- $10.73 Network & Data Systems fee
- $30 Off-Campus fee
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2018 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Become a Leader in Lifelong Learning
The Ed.D. in Adult and Lifelong Learning degree prepares students for employment in programs that provide adult literacy and education, lifelong learning, community and nonprofit organizations, military education, postsecondary education, and continuing professional education. Coursework focuses on the assessment, design, and implementation of educational programs for adult learners at all stages of development.
Choose one of the two cohorts below that best suits your professional goals.
The Adult Education Leadership Cohort for this doctoral program requires 96 credit hours of graduate coursework, but 42 hours of master's degree coursework can be counted toward the 96-hour requirement.
The Community College Leadership Cohort for this doctoral program requires 96 credit hours of graduate coursework, but 33 hours of master's degree coursework can be counted toward the 96-hour requirement.
- Nov. 1, 2017
Adult Education Leadership Cohort, Spring 2018
- Nov. 1, 2018
Community College Leadership Cohort, Spring 2019
What can I do with this degree?
Graduates of the Adult and Lifelong Learning program will be able to:
- Assess the educational needs of adult learners in a myriad of adult and lifelong learning environments.
- Develop and implement procedures to assess learning needs for adult learners.
- Create and design instructional programs aimed at meeting the needs of adult learners.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills applicable to the organization and administration of adult and lifelong learning programs.
- Apply problem solving skills in order to research and evaluate the impact of adult and lifelong learning programs on participants.