Online Graduate Certificate in Arkansas Curriculum / Program Administrator
Valid Teaching License Required
Accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
|Tuition / credit hour||$430.69|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$10.78|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2019 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
Take your educational administration skills to the next level. This program is designed for teachers who have a master’s degree and seek additional licensure to work as an Arkansas curriculum or program administrator.
Select one of two graduate certificate specialization areas: Curriculum and Instruction Specialization and Special Education Specialization. Successful students can apply to the Arkansas Department of Education for a licensure endorsement.
To qualify for this program, you must have a valid teaching license and a master’s degree in one of the three following fields: Education, Educational Leadership, or Special Education.
Students are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor to review their course history and to ensure the 15 credit hours in a specialization for the graduate certificate have not been covered by the candidate's previously earned master's degree.
Specialization Areas 15 hours each
- Curriculum and Instruction Specialization
These courses are required for students who are seeking a Curriculum Administrator Certificate and already have a Master's in Educational Leadership.
- CIED 5363 - Methods and Assessment in K-12 Online Teaching
- CIED 5423 - Curriculum and Instruction: Models and Implementation
- CIED 6013 - Curriculum Theory, Development, and Evaluation
- CIED 6053 - Curriculum and Instruction: Learner Assessment and Program Evaluation
- CIED 5983 - Practicum in Curriculum & Instruction
- Special Education Specialization
These courses are required for students who are seeking a Special Education Administrator Certificate and already have a Master's in Educational Leadership.
- Educational Leadership Core Courses
These courses are required for students who are seeking either the Curriculum Administrator Certificate or Special Education Administrator Certificate and already have a Master's in either Education or Special Education.
Network Across the State
The Educational Leadership program at the U of A is more than just a collection of courses. The program is:
- An extensive network of K-16 partners throughout the state
- A distinguished list of alumni in key leadership positions throughout the country
- A faculty committed to providing a highly rigorous and relevant classroom experience
- Researchers that bridge theory and practice to respond to the needs of policymakers and practitioners in the field
- Students who are passionate about transforming schools and improving the lives of children
Admission to the program is a two-step process.
- Apply for admission to the University of Arkansas Graduate School.
- Please contact:
- or -