Online Master of Education in Educational Technology
What is ETEC?
Educational technology is an online master's program focusing on instructional design, distance education, training and development, teacher education, and utilization of instructional technologies. It is within the Curriculum and Instruction Department (CIED) of the College of Education and Health Professions.
- 2011 - United States Distance Learning Association Best Practices Gold Award
- 2009 - Blackboard Catalyst Exemplary Course Award
"There are still people that I am Facebook friends with who were part of my cohort. Some tests were proctored on campus so we would meet in person once a semester, but everything else was done through email, chats and class time online. I thought I would feel isolated as an online student, but just from commenting on each other's posts we got to each other as well as if we were sitting in the same room, which I did not expect."
What can I do with this degree?
A master's degree in Educational Technology from the University of Arkansas provides leading-edge development and growth opportunities in education, business, government, and health professions. Graduates are qualified to:
- Design technology-infused instruction
- Teach with the latest technologies
- Coordinate distance learning
- Administer technology programs
- Research instructional technology trends
- Train and develop in corporate, government, and health care settings
The Educational Technology online master's program admits students in the fall, spring and summer. Applications and all accompanying documents for fall admission must be submitted by the second week in June; for spring admission, by the second week in October; and for summer admission, by the first week in March.
Cheryl Murphy, Associate Professor of Educational Technology and Program Coordinator
Program at a Glance
- 100 Percent Online
- 34 Credit hours
- GRE exempt
- Non-thesis program
- Completion time is 1.5 - 6 years
- Spring: second week of October
- Summer: first week of March
- Fall: second week of June
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2016 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
- $409.94 Tuition
- $2.70 Library Fee
- $10.48 Network & Data Systems Fee
- $30 Off-Campus fee