Online Accounting Minor for Non-Business Majors
For students in the online BA in Interdisciplinary Studies degree program or U of A degree-seeking students:
In order to add this minor, students must consult their advisors for their academic majors.
All business minors must schedule an appointment with the Walton College for academic advising prior to beginning the business minor requirements.
Earn a minor that counts in today’s business world
The online Accounting Minor from the Sam M. Walton College of Business provides non-business majors access to financial and accounting information and skills needed power today’s workforce. Students can take the Accounting Minor as part of the requirement for the Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degree program or add the minor to complement any other U of A non-business undergraduate degree program.
- ACCT 2013 - Accounting Principles (ACCT minors need B or better)
- ISYS 1120 - Computer Competency, or
- ISYS 1123 - Business Application Knowledge
- ECON 2143 - Basic Economics Theory and Practice
- ECON 2013 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 2023 - Principles of Microeconomics
- WCOB 1033 - Data Analysis and Interpretation
(or equivalent* ‐‐ INEG 2313, EDFD 2403, PSYC 2013, STAT 2023, STAT 2303, or STAT 3013) Pre‐requisites: MATH 2053 and ISYS 1120 or ISYS 1123 each with a grade of “C” or better
*Pre‐requisites for equivalent courses vary by department.
All students seeking an Accounting Minor are required to complete 12 credit hours that include:
Plus six hours from the following courses: