Early Childhood Special Education Endorsement Plan
GPA or higher required
|Tuition / credit hour||$437.54|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$11.10|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2022 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Endorsement programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Suzanne Kucharczyk
Share this page:
An Early childhood Special Education endorsement provides licensed Arkansas teachers with the competencies and knowledge of evidence-based practices that are needed to provide an appropriate education for children 3 to 5 years of age who have disabilities.
This endorsement plan aligns with the Arkansas Department of Elementary and Secondary Education criteria. Faculty in the College of Education and Health Professions' special education program will provide expertise, access to partners across the state, and knowledge of early childhood special education standards.
Check the Arkansas Department of Education website for application forms and information.
- SPED 599V - Special Topics: Introduction to Early Childhood Special Education
- SPED 5733 - Inclusive Practices for Diverse Populations
- SPED 5783 - Professional and Family Partnerships
- SPED 5873 - Assessment and Programming for Students with Disabilities
The following requirements are necessary to be considered for admission to the program.
- Earned bachelor’s from an accrediting institution with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Current licensure in Early Childhood PreK, Early Childhood P-4, or Elementary Education K-6.
- Application to the University of Arkansas Graduate school
- Official transcripts from all coursework, undergraduate and graduate