MicroCertificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder
|Tuition / credit hour||$437.54|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$11.10|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2021 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid.
Share this page:
The graduate MicroCertificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) empowers professionals to gain the specialized knowledge and skills needed to support people on the autism spectrum. The coursework – which is designed for professionals with or without teaching licenses – addresses the ASD support needs of individuals in K-12 education, counseling, social work, and other service-focused settings.
What You Will Learn
- To dentify characteristics of ASD
- To discuss ways in which characteristics of ASD are expressed by individuals
- To identify and use various assessments to identify learning priorities
- To develop learning environments supportive of individuals with ASD
- To advocate for the needs of children and youth with ASD
- To apply the use of evidence-based practices in developing instruction for individuals with ASD
- SPED 5143 - Teaching Communication Skills to Persons with Autism
- SPED 6803 - Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- SPED 6813 - Characteristics and Assessment of Persons with ASD
- Meet Graduate School admission requirements
- Provide a statement of purpose and current resume