Online Master of Education in Special Education
≈ to Complete
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 15
- Fall: August 1
- $420.19 Tuition
- $2.84 Library fee
- $10.73 Network & Data Systems fee
- $30 Off-Campus fee
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2018 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Teach Students with Disabilities
The coursework of the M.Ed. in Special Education programs prepares teachers with a current license to work with students with disabilities. It is delivered via the Internet, allowing for the opportunity to pursue educational goals at a time and place that fits individual schedules. The practicum course takes place in the public schools. All graduate certificates and licensure endorsements can be embedded into the Special Education master's degree program.
Program received national recognition from the Council for Exceptional Children.
Generally, for admission in the M.Ed. in Special Education, the cumulative GPA in the last 60 hours taken should be 3.0 or higher and a standardized core knowledge test, which could include the GRE, the ACT, or core PRAXIS.
This program offers focus areas:
- Special Education
- Special Education with initial licensure
- Special Education with ABA Certificate
- Special Education with ASD Certificate
- Special Education with Dyslexia Therapy Endorsement
- Special Education with Educational Examiner Endorsement
Scholarship / Grant
- Peggy Schaefer Whitby, Ph.D, Associate Professor of Special Education Curriculum and Instruction