Graduate Certificate in K-12 Online Teaching
≈ to Complete
Courses may be applied towards the ETEC master's degree program
|Tuition / credit hour||$430.69|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$10.78|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2019 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Scholarship / Grant Opportunity
The number of K-12 online courses is on the rise, and so is the demand for teachers who can thrive in this online environment. Teaching online can be very different than in traditional face-to-face settings. The online classroom requires a K-12 teacher to use various technologies and new forms of communication, engagement and assessment that may or may not be utilized in traditional classrooms.
This certificate program builds on your existing knowledge and prepares you to be successful in this new, online teaching setting. You can expand your expertise to include knowledge of curriculum models, instructional methods, technologies, assessment techniques, and best practices used in fully online K-12 teaching environments. You will learn to plan for, create, provide, and assess effective instruction within online K-12 environments.
Upgrade your teaching tools
This certificate program is designed to empower teachers to use learning technologies in online or face-to-face classroom settings, from kindergarten through 12th grade. Learn leading-edge teaching strategies, nationally recognized best practices for online teaching, and the most prevalent technologies used in online K-12 environments.
What can I do with this certificate?
A certificate in online teaching gives you a competitive edge in a field that is continually evolving. This program will help you:
- Design technology-infused instruction
- Teach with the latest pedagogical strategies
- Create effective online learning environments
- Grow with the educational needs of your school
- Apply all 15 certificate credit hours towards the 34-hour Master's degree in Educational Technology
Applicants must meet University requirements for admission to the Graduate School as a non-degree seeking, but certificate seeking student as well as application requirements of the Educational Technology graduate program which includes:
- A completed bachelor's degree at an accredited institution
- An earned 3.0 GPA on the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work
- A completed application to the Graduate School
- Submission of academic transcripts to Graduate School
- Identification of 3 references
- A completed ETEC application
- ETEC 5213 Educational Media (Sp, Su, Fa)
- ETEC 5303 Learning with Computers in K-12 Classrooms (Sp)
- CIED 5423 Curriculum and Instruction: Models and Implementation (Odd years, Sp)
- ETEC 6253 Distance Learning (Sp, Su)
- CIED 5363 Methods and Assessment in K-12 Online Teaching
Courses from other institutions or academic programs may not be substituted for the required courses. Candidates for the Graduate Certificate must have a 3.0 or better at the conclusion of all course work to successfully complete the certificate requirements.
Derrick Mears, Clinical Associate Professor, Ed.S Program Coordinator