Master of Education in Adult and Lifelong Learning
≈ to Complete
|Tuition / credit hour||$437.54|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$11.10|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2021 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Share this page:
Improve Adult Literacy and Education
The M.Ed. in Adult and Lifelong Learning degree will prepare students for employment in programs that provide adult literacy and education, lifelong learning, community and nonprofit organizations, military education, post secondary education, and continuing professional education. The program will focus on the development of students as emerging scholars and practitioners.
Students pursuing the M.Ed. degree may also pursue adult education licensure in order to serve as adult education instructors at state-approved adult education and literacy programs.
I have always had a passion for teaching and leading my community in the right direction. (This program) will enhance my ability to become a better leader for the adult learners, my children and the community."
What can I do with this degree?
Graduates of the Adult and Lifelong Learning program will be able to:
- Describe the educational needs of adult learners in a myriad of adult and lifelong learning environments.
- Develop and implement procedures to assess learning needs of adult learners.
- Create and design instructional programs aimed at meeting the needs of adult learners.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills applicable to the organization and administration of adult and lifelong learning programs.
- Apply problem-solving skills in order to research and evaluate the impact of adult and lifelong learning programs on participants.