Online Agricultural Business Minor
For students in the online BA in Interdisciplinary Studies degree program or U of A degree-seeking students:
In order to add this minor, students must consult their advisors for their academic majors.
Learn the Business of Agriculture
The online Agricultural Business Minor from the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences allows students to better position themselves in the workplace by gaining skills in areas such as agricultural marketing and management, environmental economics, sales and finance. Choose core elective courses that focus on specific aspects of agricultural business, such as food marketing, sales, farm management and entrepreneurship.
Students can take the Agricultural Business Minor as part of the requirement for the Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degree program or add the minor to complement another U of A undergraduate degree program approved by your academic program advisor.
All students seeking an Agricultural Business Minor are required to complete 18 credit hours that include AGEC 1103 - Principles of Agricultural Microeconomics, as well as:
Three hours from the following courses:
- AGEC 2103 / ECON 2013 - Principles of Agricultural Macroeconomics
- AGEC 2303 - Introduction to Agribusiness
Six hours of core electives:
- AGEC 2143 - Agribusiness Financial Records
- AGEC 3303 - Food and Agricultural Marketing
- AGEC 3403 - Farm Business Management
Six hours from the following controlled electives:
- AGEC 3503 - Agricultural Law I
- AGEC 4303 - Agribusiness Marketing Management
- AGEC 4373 - Basis Trading: Applied Price Risk Management
- Any AGEC course not already used*
- ECON 3033 - Microeconomic Theory
- ECON 3133 - Macroeconomic Theory
- MATH 2043 - Survey of Calculus (ACTS Equivalency = MATH 2203)
Additional upper-division courses in the Sam M. Walton College of Business may be substituted with approval, provided prerequisites for those courses have been satisfied outside the minor. A minimum of six hours of upper-division AGEC courses without substitution is required for the minor.
*Other face-to-face AGEC courses are available on the Fayetteville campus. Tuition and fees may differ.