Online Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Credit Hours (min)
|Tuition / credit hour||$252.28|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$10.78|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2019 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
My employer requires me to travel for specific meetings. Due to the flexibility of online classes offered with the University of Arkansas, I worked full time yet earned a 4.0 GPA and made the Chancellor’s List."
Forrest City, AR
Earn or Complete Your Bachelor’s Degree
This bachelor’s degree program in Interdisciplinary Studies allows you to tailor your program of study to fit your career aspirations. Complete the university’s core course requirements and choose three minors that correspond to your workplace goals. Two of the three minors must be offered by the J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences. Work with your academic advisor to build a plan that's right for you. This program prepares you for employment or to enroll in graduate or professional studies. See career examples below.
You will need to complete:
- The university’s core course requirements (consult your academic adviser) and
- The requirements for the three thematically linked minors you select from the list below.
Available Online Minors
Choose three minors, two of which must be offered by Fulbright College.
- Accounting - Walton
- African and African American Studies - Fulbright
- Agricultural Business - Bumpers
- Child Advocacy Studies Training - Fulbright
- Child Services - Bumpers
- Communication - Fulbright
- Criminal Justice - Fulbright
- Event Management - Bumpers
- General Business - Walton
- Hospitality Management - Bumpers
- Human Development and Family Sciences - Bumpers
- Journalism - Fulbright
- Legal Studies - Fulbright
- Political Science - Fulbright
- Rhetoric and Writing Studies - Fulbright
- Social Work - Fulbright
- Sociology - Fulbright
- Spanish - Fulbright
- Substance Use Disorders - Fulbright
- Supply Chain Management - Walton
Students must consult with the Fulbright Advising Center during their first semester of enrollment to develop an individualized course plan of study.
The online course plan contains a minimum of 48 credit hours with a maximum of 21 hours of course work from a single discipline. Thirty credit hours of the proposed coursework must be at the 3000 or 4000 level. At least two-thirds of the advanced level coursework must be completed through the U of A Fayetteville campus.
An online student interested in pursuing a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies must have earned less than 75 credit hours in order to select the Interdisciplinary Studies major.
Students must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better on coursework constituting the major for continuation in the program and in order to graduate with an Interdisciplinary Studies major. Should a student's GPA in the major fall below 2.50, he or she will have one semester to bring the GPA back to an acceptable level.
Some prospective students can qualify for an application fee waiver.