Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Credit Hours (min)
|Tuition / credit hour||$255.51|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$11.10|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2021 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Share this page:
My employer requires me to travel for specific meetings. Due to the flexibility of online classes offered with the University of Arkansas, I worked full time yet earned a 4.0 GPA and made the Chancellor’s List."
Forrest City, AR
Earn or Complete Your Bachelor’s Degree Online
Interdisciplinary Studies allows you to combine aspects of several academic disciplines and craft a custom program tailored to your career aspirations. This online bachelor's degree program combines the university's core course requirements with three minors that correspond to your educational goals.
Note that two of the three minors must be offered by the Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences. Work with your academic advisor to build a plan that's right for you. This program prepares you for employment or to enroll in graduate or professional studies.
You will need to complete:
- The university’s core course requirements (consult your academic adviser) and
- The requirements for the three thematically linked minors you select from the list below.
Available Online Minors
Choose three minors, two of which must be offered by Fulbright College.
- Accounting - Walton
- African and African American Studies - Fulbright
- Agricultural Business - Bumpers
- Child Advocacy Studies Training - Fulbright
- Child Services - Bumpers
- Communication - Fulbright
- Criminal Justice - Fulbright
- Event Management - Bumpers
- Geography - Fulbright
- General Business - Walton
- History - Fulbright
- Hospitality Management - Bumpers
- Human Development and Family Sciences - Bumpers
- Human Resource and Workforce Development - Education and Health Professions
- Journalism - Fulbright
- Legal Studies - Fulbright
- Political Science - Fulbright
- Rhetoric and Writing Studies - Fulbright
- Social Work - Fulbright
- Sociology - Fulbright
- Spanish - Fulbright
- Substance Use Disorders - Fulbright
- Supply Chain Management - Walton
Program Plan for you BAIS Degree
Consult with your advisor in the Fulbright Advising Center during your first semester of enrollment to develop an individualized course plan of study for your interdisciplinary studies degree.
The online course plan contains a minimum of 45 credit hours with a maximum of 21 hours of coursework from a single discipline. Thirty credit hours of the proposed coursework must be at the 3000 or 4000 level. At least two-thirds of the advanced level coursework must be completed through the U of A Fayetteville campus.
Interdisciplinary Studies Admission Requirements
An online student interested in pursuing a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies must have earned less than 75 credit hours in order to select the Interdisciplinary Studies major.
Students must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better on coursework constituting the major for continuation in the program and in order to graduate with an Interdisciplinary Studies major. Should a student's GPA in the major fall below 2.50, he or she will have one semester to bring the GPA back to an acceptable level.
Some prospective students can qualify for an application fee waiver.