Minor in Event Management
Classes Begin Fall 2020
For students in the online BA in Interdisciplinary Studies degree program or U of A degree-seeking students:
In order to add this minor, students must consult their advisors for their academic majors.
Share this page:
Gain expertise for careers in event planning and management. Explore the basics of hospitality management, and learn about negotiation, event planning, programming, promotion, budgeting and legal issues.
You will learn:
- The significance of meetings and events within the hospitality industry.
- The importance of understanding a client’s or organization’s goals and objectives for the meeting and event.
- Strategies for producing a memorable event experience within budgetary constraints.
- How to communicate effectively with internal and external constituents to develop proactive relationships when facilitating a successful meeting or event.
- HOSP 1603 - Introduction to Hospitality Management
- HOSP 2603 - Purchasing and Cost Control
(Prerequisite: Must be an HESC, HNAD, FNAH or HOSP major or be an Event Management Minor student)
- HOSP 3623 - Introduction to Meetings and Events Management
(Prerequisites: HOSP 1603 and HOSP 2603 or be an Event Management student)
- HOSP 3673 - Event Safety and Venue Management
(Prerequisites: HOSP 1603, HOSP 2603, HOSP 3623 or be an Event Management student)
- HOSP 4613 - Festival Management and Analysis
(Prerequisites: HOSP 1603, HOSP 2603 and HOSP 3623)