Online Minor in Event Management
Classes Begin Fall 2020
For students in the online BA in Interdisciplinary Studies degree program or U of A degree-seeking students:
In order to add this minor, students must consult their advisors for their academic majors.
Gain expertise for careers in event planning and management. Explore the basics of hospitality management, and learn about negotiation, event planning, programming, promotion, budgeting and legal issues.
You will learn:
- The significance of meetings and events within the hospitality industry.
- The importance of understanding a client’s or organization’s goals and objectives for the meeting and event.
- Strategies for producing a memorable event experience within budgetary constraints.
- How to communicate effectively with internal and external constituents to develop proactive relationships when facilitating a successful meeting or event.
- HOSP 1603 - Introduction to Hospitality Management
- HOSP 2603 - Purchasing and Cost Control
(Prerequisite: Must be an HESC, HNAD, FNAH or HOSP major or be an Event Management Minor student)
- HOSP 3623 - Introduction to Meetings and Events Management
(Prerequisites: HOSP 1603, HOSP 2603 and HOSP 2633)
- HOSP 3673 - Event Safety and Venue Management
(Prerequisites: HOSP 1603 and HOSP 2603 or be an Event Management student)
- HOSP 4613 - Festival Management and Analysis
(Prerequisites: HOSP 1603, HOSP 2603 and HOSP 3623 and be an Event Management Minor student)