Minor in History
For students in the online BA in Interdisciplinary Studies degree program or U of A degree-seeking students:
In order to add this minor, students must contact the Fulbright Advising Center.
Share this page:
Gain a better understanding of today’s world by studying the past, its narratives and its counter-narratives across time and place. The Department of History in the Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences offers this minor to help learners understand past world societies and their evolution to the present.
Select two of the following courses (6 hours):
- HIST 1113 - Institutions and Ideas of World Civilizations I
(ACTS Equivalency = HIST 1113)
- HIST 1123 - Institutions and Ideas of World Civilizations II
(ACTS Equivalency = HIST 1123)
- HIST 1203 - History of Football
- HIST 2003 - History of the American People to 1877
(ACTS Equivalency = HIST 2113)
- HIST 2013 - History of the American People, 1877 to Present
(ACTS Equivalency = HIST 2123)
Plus 12 hours of upper-level credit, at least 6 hours of which must be at the 4,000-level, from the following courses: