Minor in Human Resource Development
For students in the online BA in Interdisciplinary Studies degree program or U of A degree-seeking students:
In order to add this minor, students must consult their advisers for their academic majors.
Position yourself by developing leadership skills to manage Human Resource Development departments for profit and non-profit organizations. Gain knowledge of the three pillars: Career Development, Training and Development, and Organizational Development.
This minor in Human Resource Development program is specifically designed for individuals who want a solid foundation in human resources and development theory and application. This credential can open doors to opportunities and personal growth. It also provides a solid academic base to pursue an undergraduate degree.
The coursework will prepare you to recognize and apply integrated training, organizational development, and career planning and counseling skills to influence the development, management, and evaluation of programs to improve individual productivity, employability, job satisfaction, and organizational effectiveness.
What Areas Use Human Resource Development?
- Health Organizations
- Non-profit Organizations
- Government Agencies
- Corporate Training
All students must complete 15 credit hours, including:
- HRWD 3113 - Foundations of Human Resource Development
- HRWD 3123 - Career Development
- HRWD 3213 - Organization Development
- HRWD 3313 - Training and Development
And one 3-hour course from the list below:
- HRWD 3133 - Writing for Human Resource and Workforce Development Professionals
- HRWD 3223 - Managing Human Resource Development Programs
- HRWD 3323 - Designing and Developing Human Resource Development Programs
- HRWD 3333 - Communication in Human Resource and Workforce Development
- HRWD 4113 - The Generational Dynamics in the Workplace
- HRWD 4123 - Strategic Human Resource Development
- HRWD 4133 - International Human Resource Development and Cultural Differentiation
- HRWD 4213 - Workplace Diversity and Human Resource Development
- HRWD 4223 - Professional and Leadership Development
- HRWD 4233 - HRD Legal and Ethical Issues
- HRWD 4313 - Human Resource Development Program and Product Evaluation
- HRWD 4323 - Instructional Technology and Design