Professional Master of
Applied Business Analytics
Designed for busy professionals looking to take their next step forward, the online Master of Applied Business Analytics will give you tools for success in business, government and public service careers.
With flexibility built into the program, students can choose from numerous innovative Walton College classes on business analysis, computing, data handling, and optimization. Students also can opt for a full- or part-time combination of classes to fit their lifestyle.
Students will learn to mine large data sets and break that information into actions to increase efficiency, boost productivity and plan for the future. Businesses need more analysts and managers with deeper analytic skills who also can clearly communicate those issues to supervisors and employees. This applied business analytics program gives you that.
- April 1 - Early application deadline
- May 1 - Recommended deadline for those needing preparatory IT coursework
- July 1 - Final application deadline
Late applications may be considered on a space available basis. Email email@example.com to schedule a meeting with an admissions adviser, a tour of the Graduate School of Business or a Saturday class visit.
Life / Work / School Balance
Students Have Options.
This online master’s degree for applied business analytics is offered as a full-time, one-year, 30-hour, non-thesis program or as a part-time, five-semester degree with six hours per semester. The program includes one on-campus visit per month on a Saturday during the semesters to meet with faculty and peers to discuss your work.
Students in the part-time classes will start their first two semesters taking classes that will earn them a graduate Business Analytics Graduate Certificate. Students can use this certificate at work and as a waiver for the GRE or GMAT.
The master’s for applied business analytics delivers practical knowledge and skills so you can deliver data-driven results to your organization. You will be able to answer questions such as:
- Where do we get that data?
- How do we manage the data?
- What is the data saying?
- How can we create a model for real-world use from this data?
Core classes for the applied business analytics masters are:
- ISYS 5103 - Data Analytics Fundamentals
- ISYS 5213 - ERP Fundamentals
- ISYS 5503 - Decision Support and Analytics
- ISYS 5833 - Data Management Systems
- ISYS 5843 - Seminar in Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management
- ISYS 599V - Practicum Seminar
Your elective courses can focus on the following:
- Economics and forecasting
- Financial markets and investing
- Entrepreneurship and new ventures
- Supply chain management
- Retail and marketing strategy
All admissions requirements can be found on the Graduate School of Business Admissions Requirements page.
- A GMAT or GRE score is required, unless you qualify for a test waiver. Please visit the Master's Program section of the University catalog for more information.
- Unofficial copies can be uploaded for an initial application review (official copies are needed to finalize admission).
Prior to beginning coursework, students must demonstrate knowledge of fundamental topics in information systems. This may be accomplished by completing ISYS 511V with a grade of B or higher or by passing a proficiency exam.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Market Outlook
The Pathways career data reflect career information associated with degree programs, and that data may include some jobs that require additional credentials and experience BEYOND the academic degree, including but not limited to professional licensure and certification, additional coursework, and specific training. See " About this data" to learn more about Pathways.