Professional Master of Information Systems
On-campus interaction one Saturday each month required
≈ Months to Complete
|Tuition / credit hour||$596.80|
|Fee / credit hour|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2021 rates.
Share this page:
Provides the Best of Online and In-Class Learning
Master’s degree students can gain hands-on experience with real-world data, while using the latest technologies and learning from faculty at one of the top-ranked business schools in the nation. Prepare for higher-level jobs in analytics and information systems by learning skills with immediate workplace value and gaining a breadth of knowledge.
Interact with other working professionals in the cohort, while exploring business analytics and data management, enterprise resource planning, and enterprise systems. Experience the flexibility of online coursework and the connectivity of a face-to-face classroom setting once a month on the Fayetteville campus.
The Walton College provides in-demand knowledge and hands-on experience with:
- Fundamental analytics: forecasting, estimation models, survey analysis, and visualization
- Data management: data modeling, SQL, data warehousing, OLAP, and ETL
- Data mining: “applied analytics” using clustering, neural networks, regression, and more
- Enterprise computing platforms from IBM, Microsoft, Teradata, SAP, and SAS
- Large-scale, real world data sets from Sam’s Club, Tyson Foods, Dillard’s, Acxiom, and more.
The MIS degree is designed to meet the demand for employees who can fill leadership positions and implement new technologies in rapidly changing business environments.
Many courses in the Professional MIS program are team-taught by faculty and industry experts, combining and comparing theory with practical application in real-world scenarios.
- Blockchain Enterprise Systems Management
- Cybersecurity Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Information Technology Management
- Software Engineering Management
This program has opened up doors that I never thought possible. It has launched my career further ahead than I ever thought. ... I knew the analytics program at the Walton College of Business would give me the knowledge I needed to have a tangible impact on my professional performance and capabilities.
Siloam Springs, AR
- April 1 - Early application deadline
- May 1 - Recommended deadline for those needing preparatory IT coursework
- July 1 - Final application deadline
Late applications may be considered on a space available basis. Email email@example.com to schedule a meeting with an admissions advisor, a tour of the Graduate School of Business or a Saturday class visit.
All admissions requirements can be found on the Graduate School of Business Admissions Requirements page.
Students with more than 5 years experience post-bachelor’s degree may be eligible for a GMAT waiver.
Prior to beginning coursework, students must demonstrate knowledge of fundamental topics in information systems. This may be accomplished by completing ISYS 511V with a grade of B or higher or by passing a proficiency exam.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job-posting data can give you insights about who is seeking job applicants, where those jobs are located, and the average salary information. Use the tool to see national or regional information.
Data provided by Burning Glass Technologies is drawn from large national data samples and is not reflective or representative of U of A specific student or program outcomes.