Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
Program at a Glance
- 100 Percent Online
- 18 Credit hours
- Can be completed in 18 months
- GRE exempt
- Fall: August 1
- $420.19 Tuition
- $2.77 Library fee
- $10.48 Network & Data Systems fee
- $30 Off-Campus fee
*Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2017 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
Learn about the Applied Behavior Analysis Family Service and Research Clinic at the University of Arkansas.
The graduate certificate program in Applied Behavior Analysis offers a coursework sequence that has been pre-approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board™, as well as the opportunity to enroll in practicums for the completion of supervision hours. The courses align with the current course requirements set forth by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board™.
Prospective students will need to be admitted to the University of Arkansas Graduate School. The Graduate Certificate in ABA requires that a student’s cumulative GPA in the last 60 hours taken should be 3.00 or higher. When applying to the Graduate School, note that you are applying for the Graduate Certificate in ABA. To be eligible for admission, you must either have a master's degree or be currently enrolled in a master's degree program.
The program of study covers the 270 classroom hours of graduate level instruction, as required by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board™. This includes:
- Ethical and Professional Conduct - 45 hours
Concepts and Principles of Behavior Analysis - 45 hours
Research Methods in Behavior Analysis
- Measurement (including data analysis) - 25 hrs
- Experimental Design - 20 hrs
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Fundamental Elements of Behavior Change & Specific Behavior Change Procedures - 45 hrs
- Identification of Problem Behavior & Assessment - 30 hrs
- Intervention & Behavior Changes Considerations - 10 hrs
- Behavior Change Systems - 10 hrs
- Implementation, Management, and Supervision - 10 hrs
- Discretionary - 30 hrs
- Elizabeth R. Lorah, Ph.D.