Online Bachelor of Science Business Administration in Accounting
Ranked Public Business Schools
|Tuition / credit hour||$335.53|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$10.78|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2019 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Undergraduate Programs Office
Earn an Accounting Degree that Counts
Earn a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from the Sam M. Walton College of Business, one of the Top 30 Public Business Schools in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report. Enter or advance in the workplace with strong knowledge of accounting principles and skills, taught by an AACSB-accredited institution.
An Accounting degree from Walton College can give you an edge in a competitive business world. The online program is particularly suited for individuals changing career paths or working toward completing the educational requirements for the CPA exam.* World-class faculty help you gain the accounting knowledge needed to move ahead in your career. All industries need individuals with accounting skills for a variety of business roles throughout the organization, including managers and analysts. Accounting represents the language of business and provides individuals with the skills needed to evaluate the financial implications of business strategies and plans.
This online program provides a flexible and cost-effective opportunity for students to pursue an accounting degree, whether they are new to college, completing a degree started years ago, or seeking an additional degree to enhance their skill sets. Walton College offers courses in a flexible online format within traditional 15-week semesters in fall and spring and within five-week sessions in summer.
*The exact requirements for CPA Exam eligibility vary by state. Candidates should visit NASBA or their State Board of Certified Public Accountants for specific requirements.
All students are classified as pre-business with an intended major of accounting until the following pre-business requirements are fulfilled:
- Earn a grade of "B" or better in ACCT 2013 – Accounting Principles I
- Earn a grade of “C” or better in the following pre-business core courses:
- ACCT 2023 – Accounting Principles II
- COMM 1313 – Public Speaking
- ECON 2013 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 2023 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ENGL 1013 – Composition I
- ENGL 1023 – Composition II
- MATH 2043 – Survey of Calculus
- MATH 2053 – Finite Math
- WCOB 1111 – Freshmen Business Connection
- WCOB 1033 – Data Analysis and Interpretation
- ISYS 1120 – Computer Competency Requirement
- ISYS 1123 – Business Application Knowledge
- Complete all pre-business core courses (or equivalents) with a minimum 2.50 GPA.
- Obtain at least a 2.50 overall GPA.
- All pre-business requirements must be met prior to enrollment into upper-division business and General Business major courses.
The catalog of studies has the details on course requirements.
Some prospective students can qualify for an application fee waiver.
Job-posting data can give you insights about who is seeking job applicants, where those jobs are located, and the average salary information. Use the tool to see national or regional information.
Data provided by Burning Glass Technologies is drawn from large national data samples and is not reflective or representative of U of A specific student or program outcomes.