Online Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Geriatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Graduates in the BSN-DNP Program are eligible to take national certification exams through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
You Will Learn To...
- Solve complex health issues
- Design and sustain quality improvement in organizations
- Lead transformation of health care
- Provide evidence-based clinical prevention and health services
- Design, deliver and evaluate care to improve patient outcomes
- March 1
- Fall start only
B.S.N. to D.N.P. and Post-M.S.N. to D.N.P.
- Admission to the University of Arkansas Graduate School - including GRE scores
- Completion of a baccalaureate in nursing from an NLNAC - or CCNE-accredited program
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse
- Completion of a basic health assessment course (academic or continuing education)
- Completion of a basic-level statistics course with a grade of “C” or above
- Basic computer and library skills including use of electronic databases
Additional Requirements Post-M.S.N.-D.N.P.
- Graduation from an NLNAC- or CCNE-accredited M.S.N. program
- APN licensure, if required by student’s state of residence
- Certification as an A.P.N.
- Graduate-level health-policy course with grade of "B" or above.
Before planning on completing your internship/practicum/clinical in Colorado, please contact Beverly Wade (firstname.lastname@example.org) as some limitations may apply.
Program at a Glance
- Coursework completely online
- Locally arranged clinical practicum hours with qualified preceptors
- B.S.N to D.N.P.
- 79 credits
- Three years full time or five years part time with 1,035 clinical hours
- GRE required for BSN to DNP applicants
- M.S.N. to D.N.P.
- 35 to 39 credits with variable clinical hours
- Two years full time or three years part time
- GRE exempt for MSN to DNP applicants
- Minimal campus visits includes orientation
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2016 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
- $409.94 Tuition
- $2.70 Library Fee
- $10.48 Network & Data Systems Fee
- $30 Off-Campus fee