RN to BSN Program
Earn a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
The field of nursing is changing. Are you ready?
Research published by Health Affairs show hospitals with more nurses who earned BSNs produce better outcomes for patients after cardiac arrest. Apply to our top public research institution and earn a prestigious degree that will help you prepare for the future.
The RN to BSN online program from the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing is CCNE accredited and provides flexible degree plans for working nurses. Use your valuable practice experience as the foundation upon which you can build your knowledge and strengthen your analytical and critical reasoning.
What is the Benefit of Earning a BSN?
- Career advancement and mobility
- Increased earning potential compared to diploma and associate nursing graduates
- Establishes an academic foundation for graduate and/or doctoral studies
- Strengthen analytical and clinical reasoning skills
- Preparation for a broader scope of practice
- Enhance understanding of social, cultural, political, and economic issues impacting the health care delivery and outcomes
Why Study at the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing?
- EMSON’s BSN program is CCNE accredited
- Program advisers are dedicated to student-centered learning and excellence in nursing education
- Program graduates have the option to have their name engraved in the U of A Senior Walk
What You Should Know
- Classes are taught in 8-week terms.
- Flexible degree plans offering full-time and part-time enrollment.
- Evidence-based practice will guide the development of a quality improvement project in an area of the student’s interest. A student will collaborate with a mentor that reflects professional goals. Requires a total of 75 clinical hours.
- Some qualifying students can apply for an application fee waiver.
|Tuition / credit hour||$329.22|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$12.10|
|$171.10 x 2|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2023 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Job Market Outlook
The Pathways career data reflect career information associated with degree programs, and that data may include some jobs that require additional credentials and experience BEYOND the academic degree, including but not limited to professional licensure and certification, additional coursework, and specific training. See " About this data" to learn more about Pathways.
The RN to BSN program is designed to provide a bachelor’s degree pathway to individuals with a RN license. This program is not an initial licensure program.
The University of Arkansas RN to BSN program is approved by the following state boards of nursing to enroll students: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Maryland, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington DC, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Territories: Guam and American Samoa.
The program is currently not available to students residing in the following states: Colorado, Minnesota, and Washington.
This degree program requires clinical or internship hours that must be completed in an approved U.S. location or U.S. military base for military personnel.