Online Educational Specialist Program in Educational Leadership
Program at a Glance
- 100 Percent Online
- 30 Credit hours
- GRE required
SLLA scores will be accepted in lieu of the GRE
- Internship (not online) required
- Can be completed in 2 years
- Required: a master's degree in Educational Leadership and a valid teaching license
- Accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- $420.19 Tuition
- $2.77 Library fee
- $10.48 Network & Data Systems fee
- $30 Off-Campus fee
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2017 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Become an Administrator
This specialist degree program is designed to provide professional preparation for educators involved in school-site administration and those individuals who have district-wide administrative responsibilities. The program now has a 100 percent pass rate on the School Superintendent Assessment (SSA). An Internship (not online) is required for system-level licensure. Apply anytime through rolling application process.
MEd in Educational Leadership
EdS in Educational Leadership
EdD in Educational Leadership
Network Across the State
The Educational Leadership program at the U of A is more than just a collection of courses. The program is:
- An extensive network of K-16 partners throughout the state
- A distinguished list of alumni in key leadership positions throughout the country
- A faculty committed to providing a highly rigorous and relevant classroom experience
- Researchers that bridge theory and practice to respond to the needs of policymakers and practitioners in the field
- Students who are passionate about transforming schools and improving the lives of children
Students may start fall, spring, or summer.
Admission to the the program is a two-step process.
- Apply for admission to the University of Arkansas Graduate School and submit all official transcripts.
- Apply for admission to the program, submit writing sample, 3 letters of recommendation, autobiographical sketch and
a copy of teaching license.
Interview not required.