Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership
≈ to Complete
- Internship (not online) required
- Required: a master's degree in Educational Leadership and a valid teaching license
- Accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
|Tuition / credit hour||$437.54|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$11.10|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2021 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Share this page:
Become an Administrator
This specialist degree program is designed to provide professional preparation for educators involved in school-site administration and those individuals who have district-wide administrative responsibilities. The program now has a 100 percent pass rate on the School Superintendent Assessment (SSA). An Internship (not online) is required for system-level licensure. Apply anytime through rolling application process.
MEd in Educational Leadership
EdS in Educational Leadership
EdD in Educational Leadership
Network Across the State
The Educational Leadership program at the U of A is more than just a collection of courses. The program is:
- An extensive network of K-16 partners throughout the state
- A distinguished list of alumni in key leadership positions throughout the country
- A faculty committed to providing a highly rigorous and relevant classroom experience
- Researchers that bridge theory and practice to respond to the needs of policymakers and practitioners in the field
- Students who are passionate about transforming schools and improving the lives of children
The one thing I like most about the format of the online program at the University of Arkansas is that I can still see my professor. I can interact, I can raise my hand, I can be involved in discussions, [and] I can see and learn from the other people who are in my class."
Fort Smith, AR
Students may start fall, spring, or summer.
Admission to the the program is a two-step process.
- Apply for admission to the University of Arkansas Graduate School and submit all official transcripts.
- Apply for admission to the program, submit writing sample, 3 letters of recommendation, autobiographical sketch and
a copy of teaching license.
Interview not required.
Scholarship / Grant
Job-posting data can give you insights about who is seeking job applicants, where those jobs are located, and the average salary information. Use the tool to see national or regional information.
Data provided by Burning Glass Technologies is drawn from large national data samples and is not reflective or representative of U of A specific student or program outcomes.