Special Education Educational Examiner
Teachers can enhance their job market opportunities by adding endorsements to their teaching licenses. Licensed, general instruction K-12 teachers can complete courses in this graduate-level study plan and then submit their transcripts the Arkansas Department of Education to apply for a Special Education Educational Examiner endorsement.
The College of Education and Health Professions provides the coursework needed for teachers to submit a request to the state for the Resource Room Endorsement. Details about this and other endorsement plans offered through the University of Arkansas are listed on the Teacher Education website.
Program of Study
This program is offered throughout the year, and you may begin any semester. Coursework is offered in an online format to meet the needs of K-12 classroom educators. Courses in this plan can be used toward the requirements for a Master of Education in Special Education degree program.
You will be required to identify a school-based mentor who is a school psychologist or educational examiner. They must be willing to provide observation and review fidelity of your implementation of testing procedures across courses.
- SPED 5633 – Curriculum Development and Instructional Planning
- SPED 5643 – Individual Diagnostic Testing
- SPED 5653 – Individual Intelligence Testing
- SPED 5733 – Inclusive Practices for Diverse Populations
- SPED 5783 – Professional and Family Partnerships
- SPED 5873 – Assessment of Exceptional Students
- SPED 5883 – Research in Special Education
- SPED 5893 – Organization, Administration, and Supervision of Special Education
- Required Praxis: Current Principles of Learning and Teaching Praxis, 5622, 5623, or 5624
Scholarship / Grant
|Tuition / credit hour
|Fee / credit hour
|Network & Data Systems
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2023 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Endorsement programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Dr. Suzanne Kucharczyk
Curriculum and Instruction