Online Endorsement Plan: Special Education Educational Examiner
Program at a Glance
- 100 Percent Online
- 24 credit hours (4 courses)
- Start any semester
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or Higher
- GRE exempt
- $420.19 Tuition
- $2.77 Library fee
- $10.48 Network & Data Systems fee
- $30 Off-Campus fee
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2017 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
Teachers can enhance their job market opportunities by adding endorsements to their teaching licenses. Licensed, general instruction K-12 teachers can complete courses in this graduate-level study plan and then submit their transcripts the Arkansas Department of Education to apply for a Special Education Educational Examiner endorsement.
The College of Education and Health Professions provides the coursework needed for teachers to submit a request to the state for the Resource Room Endorsement. Details about this and other endorsement plans offered through the University of Arkansas are listed on the Teacher Education website.
Program of Study
This program is offered throughout the year, and you may begin any semester. Coursework is offered in an online format to meet the needs of K-12 classroom educators. Courses in this plan can be used toward the requirements for a Master of Education in Special Education degree program.
- SPED 5633 – Curriculum Development and Instructional Planning
- SPED 5643 – Individual Diagnostic Testing
- SPED 5653 – Individual Intelligence Testing
- SPED 5733 – Inclusive Practices for Diverse Populations
- SPED 5783 – Family and Professional Partnerships
- SPED 5873 – Assessment and Programming for Students with Disabilities
- SPED 5883 – Research in Inclusive Education
- SPED 5893 – Organization, Administration and Supervision of Special Education