Online Master of Science in Food Safety
≈ to Complete
- One course per semester – 9 credits per year – offered online
- Requires a 3-hour Special Problem course (self-directed study)
- $500 Tuition
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2017 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Pursue a Career in Food Safety
The Food Safety program is designed for working professionals. Its interdisciplinary nature enables students to learn from accomplished faculty across agricultural, food and life sciences. This program expands scientific knowledge in food safety, quality assurance and risk assessment. Program graduates have been promoted into various levels of managerial jobs and executive-level jobs with worldwide companies.
The program is based on U.S. standards including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) principals and food safety laws and regulations. It emphasizes preventative processes, problem-solving skills, and the scientific foundations that drive industry standards like food microbiology, toxicology and epidemiology.
The courses are taught by the same U of A faculty who teach on campus.
"The University of Arkansas is well-known within the poultry industry, with many graduates working at high levels within many different poultry companies. The curriculum includes basic fundamentals for food safety, while at the same time including new developments within the industry."
Fort Smith, AR
What you should know
- The 3-year completion period could be shortened; consult your academic advisor
- An oral or written examination is required upon fulfillment of degree requirements
- An exit interview must be completed
- Currently, this program is not accepting international students who live outside the United States.