Online Master of Science in Food Safety
Program at a Glance
- 100 Percent Online
- 30 Credit hours
- One course per semester – 9 credits per year – offered online
- Can be completed in 3 years or less
- GRE exempt
- Requires a 3-hour Special Problem course (self-directed study)
- $500 Tuition
*Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2017 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
"The University of Arkansas is well-known within the poultry industry, with many graduates working at high levels within many different poultry companies. The curriculum includes basic fundamentals for food safety, while at the same time including new developments within the industry."
Fort Smith, AR
Pursue a Career in Food Safety
This online interdisciplinary master's program enables experienced food safety professionals to advance their careers by expanding their knowledge base and skill set. The program is based on U.S. standards including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) principals and food safety laws and regulations. The program emphasizes preventative processes, problem-solving skills, and the scientific foundations that drive industry standards like food microbiology, toxicology and epidemiology.
The courses are taught by the same U of A faculty who teach on campus.
What you should know
- The 3-year completion period could be shortened; consult your academic advisor
- An oral or written examination is required upon fulfillment of degree requirements
- An exit interview must be completed
- Currently, this program is not accepting international students who live outside the United States.