Curriculum Program Administrator – Special Education Endorsement Plan

Send Me Information

How to Apply



Some Synchronous Meetings


Credit Hours



Tuition / credit hour $437.54
Fee / credit hour
Library $4.41
Network & Data Systems $12.10
Off-campus $30
Online Facilities $2

Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2023 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.

Endorsement programs are not eligible for financial aid

An Arkansas Curriculum Program Administrator – Special Education is a school leader responsible for special education program development and administration who may be involved in employment evaluation decisions..

The College of Education and Health Professions provides the coursework required by the State of Arkansas Department of Education for licensure as a Curriculum/Program Administrator – Special Education. Check the Arkansas Department of Education website for application forms and information.

Traditional financial aid and scholarships are not available for endorsement programs. Those teaching outside Arkansas should check with their home state's department of education to see if this coursework will be accepted for licensure endorsements in their home states.



Special Education courses:

  • SPED 532V - Practicum in Special Education
  • SPED 5733 - Inclusive Practices for Diverse Populations
  • SPED 5783 - Professional and Family Partnerships
  • SPED 5893 - Organization, Administration and Supervision of Special Education
  • SPED 6433 - Legal Aspects of Special Education

Educational Leadership courses:

  • EDLE 5013 - School Organization and Administration
  • EDLE 5043 - Leadership Ethics
  • EDLE 5063 - Instructional Leadership, Planning, and Supervision
  • EDLE 5083 - Analytical Decision-Making
  • EDLE 5093 - Effective Leadership for School Improvement

Note: While all EDLE courses are online, some have online synchronous meetings. That means they have some required meeting patterns at announced times.


Additional Information

If an applicant already has a Master’s Degree in Special Education, they are required to only take the 15 hours of Educational Leadership (EDLE) courses to fulfill licensing requirements. If the applicant already has a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership, they are required to only take the 15 hours of Special Education (SPED) courses to fulfill licensing requirements.



Program coordinator Dr. Kevin Brady at or Bernadette Moore at

Related Programs