Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management Analytics
May be waived
|Tuition / credit hour||$303.88|
|Fee / credit hour|
For non-OMGT/EMGT engineering courses
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2023 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid.
Learn it Today. Use it Tomorrow.
Harness the power of data analytics to provide data-driven insights to engineering managers. Working professionals can learn skills and knowledge to prepare for a position in engineering management analytics including performance, cost, and schedule data by taking courses in 8-week sessions. Learn practical skills today that you can use on the job tomorrow.
When you complete the 12 credit hours in this graduate certificate program, you can apply them toward master’s degree programs offered by the College of Engineering: MS in Operations Management, MS in Engineering Management, and MS in Engineering.
What Are the Benefits?
- Gain engineering management analytics skills to assess complex engineering management projects
- Understand how to apply analytics methods to enable data-driven engineering management decisions
- Use analytics to communicate complex, uncertain engineering data senior decision makers and stakeholders
What You Will Learn
- Broad competencies in engineering management analytics principles and practices
- Skills needed to analyze engineering projects and provide new or improved visualization of complex, uncertain data
- Techniques to handle market, technology and competition uncertainties
Core courses (9 hours)
- EMGT 5703 - Probability and Statistics for Engineering Management
- EMGT 5053 - Tradeoff Analytics for Engineering Management
- INEG 5443 - Decision Models
Electives (select one)
- OPAN 5003 - Introduction to Operations Analytics
- OMGT 5653 - Introduction to Data Analytics for Operations Managers
- INEG 5433 - Cost Estimation Models
- EMGT 5793 - Risk Management
Students with an ABET-accredited engineering degree can apply graduate certificate course hours to the Master of Science in Engineering Management degree.
- Meet U of A graduate school requirements.
- An ABET-accredited bachelor’s degree in engineering or a STEM degree from a regionally accredited program.
- Applicants with a 3.0 or higher undergraduate GPA are not required to take the GRE.