Build Effective Transition Plans for Youth with Disabilities

The Graduate Certificate in Special Education Transition Services is designed to prepare special educators, vocational rehabilitation counselors, school-based counselors, social workers, psychologists, teachers and other educational leaders to help students with disabilities transition from high school to an adult environment.

Professionals will learn how to create transition plans that help students with disabilities reach their and their family's future goals. Effective transition planning incorporates work-based learning opportunities, building self-advocacy skills, and fostering self-determination. Through evidence-based transition research, educators and other professionals will be able to identify and apply the best practices to address the needs of students with disabilities.

To be admitted to the program, students must have a 3.0 GPA or higher in their last 60 hours of coursework.

Request Information

How to Apply

Application Deadline

Spring: December 1