Online Bachelor of Arts in English
Years to Complete
|Tuition / credit hour||$255.51|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$11.10|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2021 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Businesses know that English majors are good communicators and are trained to approach problems creatively and from multiple angles, a skill that is highly valued in many professional realms. This online English degree program will help you prepare for your career in this way, as well as help you develop a deep and flexible understanding of human expression, a lifelong benefit in both practical and cultural terms.
You can tailor your studies to your interests and future career goals by choosing one of two concentrations:
Rhetoric and Writing Studies
Further, in this online bachelor's degree in English, you can explore a diverse curriculum with many areas of special interest, including composition pedagogy, creative writing, gender studies, folklore, and literature written by authors with diverse backgrounds. More specifically, in this online bachelor’s degree program in English, you will:
- Acquire both general and specialized knowledge in your field, as well as develop skills in preparation for careers in academia, education, and others areas.
- Gain professional skills and knowledge in preparation for entering the job market or for applying to graduate programs.
- Acquire the ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of literary works in English.
- Develop skills for the appreciation and critical reading of literary texts.
- Learn to analyze, create and defend complex arguments in correct and rhetorically-effective written English.
- Learn to demonstrate knowledge of and appreciation for a range of issues related to diversity.