Bachelor of Arts in English
Years to Complete
|Tuition / credit hour||$255.51|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$11.10|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2021 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Share this page:
Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in English Online
Businesses know that English majors are good communicators and are trained to approach problems creatively and from multiple angles, a skill that is highly valued in many professional realms. This online English degree program will help you prepare for your career in this way, as well as help you develop a deep and flexible understanding of human expression, a lifelong benefit in both practical and cultural terms.
You can tailor your studies to your interests and future career goals by choosing one of two concentrations:
Rhetoric and Writing Studies - Enhance your professional value by learning to write effectively in the workplace. Master written communications by applying effective strategies and techniques.
Topical Studies - Learn how to think critically about literature and culture within a specific topical area that will be determined by you and your advisor.
Benefits of a Degree in English
In this online bachelor's program, you can explore diverse course subjects with many areas of special interest, including composition pedagogy, creative writing, and gender studies, as well as folklore and literature by authors with diverse backgrounds. More specifically, you will:
- Acquire both general and specialized knowledge in your field, as well as develop skills in preparation for careers in academia, education and other areas.
- Gain professional skills and knowledge in preparation for entering the job market or for applying to graduate programs.
- Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of literary works in English.
- Develop skills for the appreciation and critical reading of literary texts.
- Learn to analyze, create and defend complex arguments in correct and rhetorically-effective written English.
- Learn to demonstrate knowledge of and appreciation for a range of issues related to diversity.
Careers with a Bachelor's Degree in English
- Writers, technical writers, authors
- Reporters, editors, digital media writers
- Marketing and public relations associates
- Communications and social media managers
- Research analysts and production assistants
- Some English majors pursue graduate education to become teachers or professors