Bachelor of Science Business Administration in Marketing
Ranked Public Business Schools
|Tuition / credit hour||$339.83|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$11.10|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2021 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Share this page:
Undergraduate Programs Office
Earn a bachelor’s in marketing to prepare for careers involving product planning, distribution, promotion and pricing strategies.
This program offers insights in consumer behavior, marketing research, and strategic marketing, while exploring a broad overview of the marketing functions within organizations.
Coursework and assignments will help you build valuable skills related to marketing products, business analysis, strategic problem-solving, and presenting information in professional presentations.
You will learn to:
- Communicate effectively in professional situations
- Think critically when evaluating marketing and business decisions
- Apply marketing concepts and core cross-discipline concepts in business
- Develop empathy for customers and other cultures through a focus on global and international business.
This online marketing degree provides a flexible and cost-effective opportunity to pursue a marketing major, whether you are new to college, completing a marketing degree started years ago, or seeking an additional degree to enhance your skill sets. Walton College offers courses in a flexible online format within traditional 15-week semesters in fall and spring and within five-week sessions in summer.
Marketing majors can build valuable short- and long-term networks with alumni, faculty and students through connections with associations, including the University of Arkansas Collegiate Chapter of the American Marketing Association.
All students are classified as pre-business with an intended major of marketing until the following pre-business requirements are fulfilled:
- Earn a grade of “C” or better in the following pre-business core courses:
- ACCT 2013 – Accounting Principles
- ACCT 2023 – Accounting Principles II, or
SEVI 2053 – Business Foundations (choose one)
- COMM 1313 – Public Speaking
- ECON 2013 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 2023 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ENGL 1013 – Composition I
- ENGL 1023 – Composition II
- ISYS 1123 – Business Application Knowledge
- MATH 2043 – Survey of Calculus
- MATH 2053 – Finite Math
- WCOB 1033 – Data Analysis and Interpretation
- WCOB 1111 – Freshman Business Connections
- Complete all pre-business core courses (or equivalents) with a minimum 2.50 GPA.
- Obtain at least a 2.50 overall GPA.
- All pre-business requirements must be met prior to enrollment into upper-division business and Marketing major courses.
The catalog of studies has the details on course requirements.
Some prospective students can qualify for an application fee waiver.