Bachelor of Science Business Administration in Marketing
Ranked Public Business Schools
|Tuition / credit hour||$339.83|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$11.10|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2021 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Undergraduate Programs Office
Share this page:
Earn Your Degree in Business Administration in Marketing
This bachelor's degree program will prepare you for careers involving product planning, distribution, promotion and pricing strategies. Learn insights in consumer behavior, marketing research, and strategic marketing, while exploring a broad overview of the marketing functions within organizations.
Coursework and assignments will help you build valuable skills related to marketing products, business analysis, strategic problem-solving, and presenting information in professional presentations.
A Business Degree in Marketing Prepares You To:
- Communicate effectively in professional situations
- Think critically when evaluating marketing and business decisions
- Apply marketing concepts and core cross-discipline concepts in business
- Develop empathy for customers and other cultures through a focus on global and international business.
Why Take an Online Degree in Marketing?
This online marketing degree provides a flexible and cost-effective opportunity to pursue a marketing major, whether you are new to college, completing a marketing degree started years ago, or seeking an additional degree to enhance your skill sets. Walton College offers courses in a flexible online format within traditional 15-week semesters in fall and spring and within five-week sessions in summer.
Marketing majors can build valuable short- and long-term networks with alumni, faculty and students through connections with associations, including the University of Arkansas Collegiate Chapter of the American Marketing Association.
BSBA in Marketing Classification
All students are classified as pre-business with an intended major of marketing until the following pre-business requirements are fulfilled:
- Earn a grade of “C” or better in the following pre-business core courses:
- ACCT 2013 – Accounting Principles
- ACCT 2023 – Accounting Principles II, or
SEVI 2053 – Business Foundations (choose one)
- COMM 1313 – Public Speaking
- ECON 2013 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 2023 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ENGL 1013 – Composition I
- ENGL 1023 – Composition II
- ISYS 1123 – Business Application Knowledge
- MATH 2043 – Survey of Calculus
- MATH 2053 – Finite Math
- WCOB 1033 – Data Analysis and Interpretation
- WCOB 1111 – Freshman Business Connections
- Complete all pre-business core courses (or equivalents) with a minimum 2.50 GPA.
- Obtain at least a 2.50 overall GPA.
- All pre-business requirements must be met prior to enrollment into upper-division business and Marketing major courses.
The catalog of studies has the details on course requirements.
Some prospective students can qualify for an application fee waiver.