Graduate Certificate in
Learn it Today. Use it Tomorrow.
Homeland Security skills are critical for many industry and public safety professionals. This fully online certificate program, taught through 8-week sessions, is globally competitive and industry-recognized. It is designed to prepare management professionals who help industry and government comply with homeland security topics, all while optimizing management processes.
This program is ideal for emergency managers, law enforcement, cybersecurity professionals and others who lead security innovation teams. Coursework aligns with American Society of Industry Security (ASIS) International's body of knowledge requirements.
You can start during any of the five 8-week sessions offered throughout the year. Study online or at the Sam M. Walton College of Business facility in Little Rock.
When you complete the 12 credit hours in this graduate certificate program, you can apply them toward master’s degree programs offered by the College of Engineering: MS in Operations Management, MS in Engineering Management, and MS in Engineering.
What Are the Benefits?
- Gain in-demand skills critical to industry and government
- Advance your career with this industry-recognized certificate
- Complete coursework that follows the Certified Protection Professional (CPP) body of knowledge requirements of American Society of Industry Security (ASIS)
- Gain 12 hours toward a master’s degree from the College of Engineering
What You Will Learn
- Develop homeland security competencies that follow industry and government standards
- Apply technical management skills to interdisciplinary problems and develop innovative solutions
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve unprecedented industry and government problems
- Gain skills that transfer to real-world settings with emerging challenges
The following courses are required core courses (6 hours)
- OMGT 5003 - Introduction to Operations Management
- OMGT 5993 - Homeland Security for Operations Managers
Electives - select two from the following courses (6 hours)
- OMGT 5013 - Supply Chain Management for Operations Managers
- OMGT 5373 - Quality Management
- OMGT 5423 - Operations Management & Global Competition
- OMGT 5733 - Human Behavior Analysis
- OMGT 5793 - Risk Management
- OMGT 5903 - Operations Management of Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- OMGT 5913 - Advanced Air Mobility and Autonomous Operations
- OMGT 5933 - Cybersecurity for Operations Managers
- OMGT 5943 - Resilient Design and Crisis Management for Operations Managers
Pay In-State Tuition*
|Tuition / credit hour||$303.88|
|Fee / credit hour|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2023 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid.