Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
All classes are available online for a total distance education experience.
With 8-week terms, you can focus on specific topics and complete the required 30 credit hours in a timely manner, typically 2 years.
Out-of-state students receive the in-state rate.
Tuition and Fees
Share this page:
Emphasis on Electric Power Engineering
A Master of Science in Electrical Engineering degree with an emphasis in electric power engineering provides those students who have earned a bachelor of science in electrical engineering with the opportunity to learn about future electric energy systems. Specific topics include design of advanced distribution systems, power system control, optimal and nonlinear control, electric power quality, and power electronics.
Did You Know?
- Non-thesis and thesis options available
- Specialization in power engineering
- B.S.E.E. recommended; deficiency courses may be required for non-B.S.E.E. students
- Graduate faculty from the College of Engineering teach the program
- The University of Arkansas College of Engineering has educated engineers for more than 100 years
- The College of Engineering is ranked among the top 100 public doctoral granting institutions in the United States
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
The University of Arkansas provided an excellent academic program with incredible value. The professors administer online courses with the same rigor as the on-campus experience."
St. Louis, MO
- 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA, or 3.0 minimum GPA on last 60 hours
- GRE verbal and quantitative combined minimum score of 302 (1100 prior to 11/2012; University of Arkansas B.S.E.E. graduates exempt)
University of Arkansas B.S.E.E. graduates are exempt from the GRE requirement. For all others, a GRE waiver may be granted if the following three (3) criteria have been met.
- The student has passed an equivalent exam (like the Fundamentals of Engineering); and
- The student has a B.S.E.E. from an engineering program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET; or already completed a graduate degree in an engineering related field; and
- The student has at least one year of professional working experience after completing a baccalaureate degree.