Master of Science in
Gain the core operations analytics and quantitative modeling skills to better manage, control and improve the operations of enterprise or public-sector organizations. This master's program provides students with the professional and intellectual growth needed to become managers and leaders in operations analytics.
This intensive analytics program will guide you through the theory and practice of the quantitative modeling of enterprise operations via descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Coursework will help you develop knowledge of the principles and practices of analytics modeling methods, such as optimization, statistical modeling, machine learning, simulation, and computing methods, as they apply to the strategic, operational and tactical control of operations.
Requirements to Enter the Program
There are no prerequisites for students with an undergraduate degree from an ABET-accredited industrial engineering program. For students with a degree other than an ABET-accredited industrial engineering degree, prerequisite courses maybe required and are available through the industrial engineering website. Students are expected to have completed:
- Mathematics courses through differential and integral calculus of several variables
- Vector calculus
- Linear algebra
- A calculus-based probability and statistics course
- A computer programming course
You Will Learn How To
- Develop descriptive, predictive and prescriptive mathematical and statistical models and to apply those models through computational methods to problems of controlling and improving enterprise operations.
- Use foundational knowledge and apply critical thinking skills to problem identification, problem-solving, and decision-making, within the context of controlling and improving enterprise operations.
- Adapt analytics concepts to interpret and communicate findings and implications to senior decision makers.
- Use information systems, statistics and computing principles and apply state-of-the-art technologies for data representation, data retrieval, data manipulation, computational analytics, data analysis, visualization as they apply analytics within enterprise operations.
Program Graduates Will Be Prepared For Occupations As
- General and operations managers
- Operations research analysts
- Management analysts
Pay In-State Tuition*
|Tuition / credit hour||$529.42|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$12.10|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2023 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Job Market Outlook
The Pathways career data reflect career information associated with degree programs, and that data may include some jobs that require additional credentials and experience BEYOND the academic degree, including but not limited to professional licensure and certification, additional coursework, and specific training. See " About this data" to learn more about Pathways.