Graduate Certificate in Operations Management
May be waived
|Tuition / credit hour||$303.88|
|Fee / credit hour|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2021 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid.
Share this page:
Learn it Today. Use it Tomorrow.
Operations management coverts materials and labor to goods and services. Gain a broad understanding of how to manage complex operations. Study online with industry and government experts to learn skills you can apply immediately. The program offers flexibility through its 8-week sessions of online courses. The Operations Management certificate coursework includes an introduction to the 10 operations management decisions, project management, and Lean Six Sigma.
Learn how to improve operations in the 10 operations management decision areas:
- Goods and services
- Quality management
- Process and capacity management
- Layout design and strategy
- Human resources and job design
- Supply chain management
When you complete the 12 credit hours in this graduate certificate program, you can apply them toward an MS in Operations Management. If you have an ABET-accredited engineering degree, you can apply the 12 credit hours toward an MS in Engineering Management or an MS in Engineering.
What are the Benefits?
- Gain in-demand, industry recognized skills and insight into operations management
- Understand how to select and apply the appropriate tools and analysis methods to improve operations in the 10 operations management decisions
- Be prepared to assume leadership roles in industry and government
- Know how to plan, improve and lead operations projects
What you will learn
- Broad competencies in the 10 operations management decision areas
- Skills to lead operations management projects to provide new or improved operations to deliver products and services
- Problem-solving using Lean Six Sigma to improve operations management processes
Core courses (9 hours)
- OMGT 5003 - Introduction to Operations Management
- OMGT 5473 - Lean Six Sigma
- OMGT 5783 - Project Management for Operations Managers
Electives (select one)
- OMGT 5013 - Supply Chain Management for Operations Managers
- OMGT 5253 - Leadership Principles and Practices
- OMGT 5373 - Quality Management
- OMGT 5433 - Cost Estimation Models
- OMGT 5673 - Principles of Operations Research
- OMGT 5873 - Organizing for Change
- To be admitted, you must have a conferred bachelor degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least 60 graded credit hours.
- You must also have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better, OR a 2.5 or better GPA in the last 60 credit hours.
- The GRE is not required for admission to the OM Certificate.