Online LPN to BSN Program
in your geographic area
≈ Years to Complete
Application Accepted Year Round
Accepting qualified students each:
|Tuition / credit hour||$298.22|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$10.78|
|Clinical Practicum||$145 x 15|
|Kaplan Resource||$145 x 4|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2019 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Earn a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
The field of nursing is changing. Are you ready?
The Institute of Medicine* in 2015 recommended that 80 percent of nurses in the United States hold a bachelor’s degree by 2020. Research published by Health Affairs in 2019 show hospitals with more nurses who earned BSNs produce better outcomes for patients after cardiac arrest.
This online LPN to BSN can help you advance your career and stay competitive in the job market.
Professional nursing begins with a bachelor’s degree because it provides a theoretical and practical foundation needed to improve acute and chronic patient care. Learn key nursing concepts to address health care needs in diverse settings, including hospitals, schools, clinical offices, and other settings.
What is the Benefit of Earning a BSN?
- Career advancement and mobility
- Increased earning potential compared to diploma and associate nursing graduates
- Establishes an academic foundation for graduate and/or doctoral studies
- Strengthen analytical and clinical reasoning skills
- Preparation for a broader scope of practice
- Enhance understanding of social, cultural, political, and economic issues impacting the health care delivery and outcomes
Why Study at the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing?
- EMSON’s BSN program is CCNE accredited
- Study and complete practicums in your own geographic area
- Program advisors are dedicated to student-centered learning and excellence in nursing education
- Program graduates have the option to have their name engraved in the U of A Senior Walk
The L.P.N.-B.S.N. online program gives me the flexibility that I need so that I can work to provide for my family and work on getting my bachelor's degree on my own time. I hope that earning a bachelor's degree in nursing will lay down the foundation in my career by helping me receive the education I need to provide excellent and safe quality care to patients."
L.P.N. at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Common Courses to Complete Before Applying
48 credit hours of courses listed below to be completed prior to taking nursing courses, most of which are offered online:
- English Composition I & II - 6 hours
- Fine Arts - 3 hours
- Humanities - 3 hours
- U.S. History or U.S. Government - 3 hours
- Math (college algebra or higher) - 3 hours
- Social Sciences - 9 hours
- Human Anatomy with lab - 4 hours
- Human Physiology with lab - 4 hours
- Chemistry with lab - 4 hours
- Microbiology with lab - 4 hours
- Statistics - 3 hours
- Electives - 2 hours
For specific course information, contact the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing at 479-575-6640 or OnlineRN@uark.edu.
What You Should Know
- Flexible degree plans offering full-time and part-time enrollment
- Most classes are taught in 8-week terms
- To apply for the program you must:
- Be a Licensed Practicing Nurse
- Have 2,000 hours of work experience at the LPN-license level in the last 12-24 months
- We recommend completing the 48 credit hours of courses listed above before applying to the LPN to BSN program
- Some qualifying students can apply for an application fee waiver.
Job-posting data can give you insights about who is seeking job applicants, where those jobs are located, and the average salary information. Use the tool below to see national or regional information.
Career Insights data provided by Burning Glass Technologies is drawn from large national data samples and is not reflective or representative of U of A specific student or program outcomes.
The LPN to BSN program is designed to meet the educational requirements for the occupational license of Registered Nurse. Individual state boards of nursing may regulate out-of-state nursing education programs or clinical placement courses.
The University of Arkansas LPN to BSN program is approved by the following state boards
of nursing to enroll students & utilize clinical placements in their states : Alabama,
Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi,
Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Rhode Island,
South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Territories: Guam and American Samoa.
The program is currently not available to students residing in or wishing to complete clinical courses in the following states: Arizona, Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Washington, Washington DC and West Virginia.
This degree program requires clinical or internship hours that must be completed in an approved U.S. location or U.S. military base for military personnel.