Online LPN to BSN Program
Fall 2019 Cohort is Full
in your geographic area
≈ Years to Complete
Application Accepted Year Round
Accepting qualified students each:
|Tuition / credit hour||$298.22|
|Fee / credit hour|
|Network & Data Systems||$10.78|
|Clinical Practicum||$145 x 15|
|Kaplan Resource||$145 x 4|
Tuition and fees per credit hour reflect fall 2019 rates for students studying completely online. If an online student takes a course on campus, tuition and fees will differ.
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Earn a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
The field of nursing is changing. Are you ready?
The Institute of Medicine* in 2015 recommended that 80 percent of nurses in the United States hold a bachelor’s degree by 2020. Research published by Health Affairs in 2019 show hospitals with more nurses who earned BSNs produce better outcomes for patients after cardiac arrest.
This online LPN to BSN can help you advance your career and stay competitive in the job market.
Professional nursing begins with a bachelor’s degree because it provides a theoretical and practical foundation needed to improve acute and chronic patient care. Learn key nursing concepts to address health care needs in diverse settings, including hospitals, schools, clinical offices, and other settings.
What is the Benefit of Earning a BSN?
- Career advancement and mobility
- Increased earning potential compared to diploma and associate nursing graduates
- Establishes an academic foundation for graduate and/or doctoral studies
- Strengthen analytical and clinical reasoning skills
- Preparation for a broader scope of practice
- Enhance understanding of social, cultural, political, and economic issues impacting the health care delivery and outcomes
Why Study at the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing?
- EMSON’s BSN program is CCNE accredited
- Study and complete practicums in your own geographic area
- Program advisors are dedicated to student-centered learning and excellence in nursing education
- Program graduates have the option to have their name engraved in the U of A Senior Walk
Common Courses to Complete Before Applying
We recommend completing the 48 credit hours of courses below before applying to the LPN to BSN program:
- English Composition I & II - 6 hours
- Fine Arts - 3 hours
- Humanities - 3 hours
- U.S. History or U.S. Government - 3 hours
- Math (college algebra or higher) - 3 hours
- Social Sciences - 9 hours
- Human Anatomy with lab - 4 hours
- Human Physiology with lab - 4 hours
- Chemistry with lab - 4 hours
- Microbiology with lab - 4 hours
- Statistics - 3 hours
- Electives - 2 hours
For specific course information, contact the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing at 479-575-6640 or OnlineRN@uark.edu.
What You Should Know
- Flexible degree plans offering full-time and part-time enrollment
- Most classes are taught in 8-week terms
- To apply for the program you must:
- Be a Licensed Practicing Nurse
- Have 2,000 hours of work experience at the LPN-license level in the last 12-24 months
- We recommend completing the 48 credit hours of courses listed above before applying to the LPN to BSN program
- Application is a two-step process:
- Apply to the University
- Apply to the LPN-BSN program itself
You will receive a link for the program application after you complete the university application in step 1.
- Some qualifying students can apply for an application fee waiver.
How To Use
Job-posting data can give you insights about who is seeking job applicants, where those jobs are located, and the average salary information. Use the tool below to see national or regional information.
Career Insights data provided by Burning Glass Technologies is drawn from large national data samples and is not reflective or representative of U of A specific student or program outcomes.